If you’re wondering what is Shopify? Is Shopify good for you? These might be the questions you have. Ask no more! Here is your guide. Let’s get Started
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a cloud-based e-commerce publishing platform used by businesses (and many entrepreneurs) to set up online stores that can sell pretty much anything.
Shopify, which was born in 2006, powers more than 275,000 online stores and offers hundreds of themes to present your goods professionally.
It helps you to organize your products, customize your storefront, take credit card payments, follow and reply to orders — all with some clicks of the mouse.
The core being that it is fully hosted! No more exhausting hosting administration, cPanel command, backups, security risks, etc.
What makes Shopify great is that it is one of the Cheapest fully integrated and fully hosted website solutions. Shopify permits you to concentrate on what’s essential: Running your business!
This is perfect for anybody who has a retail store and who desires to build the businesses by selling products online, and it provides to a variety of industries including art, photography, clothes, furniture, and more.
What are Shopify’s strengths?
Here’s a series great features offered on the Shopify platform:
- Shopify is cloud-based so that it can be run from any web browser connected to the Internet.
- The e-commerce platform has a robust easy to use tools that help a store owner quickly set up a website that can sell anything with minimal effort.
- It has integrations with many of the top marketing tools.
- It offers vendors an easy way to set up a credit card clearing system through Shopify without the complexity once suffered by anyone that wanted to accept credit cards. This system is called Shopify payments.
- A Shopify store is driven by templates that are preformatted for a variety of store styles.
- The platform can be managed from anywhere there is a web connection.
- It uses third party plug-ins to extend and customize online store functionality.
- Shopify handles all the security issues so store owners can focus on selling.
- The e-commerce platform has a huge community of users that help and support each other.
- The company has excellent customer support resources.
What are Shopify’s weaknesses?
- Despite being highly customizable, there are areas of the store that are not editable even by developers such as the checkout page, without using an expensive top end subscription called Shopify Plus.
- Plug-ins by third party developers require subscriptions and rarely are available for a one-time fee, so this can drastically escalate the cost of operating your store.
- To get higher end reporting, you need to pay for one of the mid -tier plans.
- You cannot own and operate multiple stores under one account. Early in 2017, the company said that feature might be developed.
- Selling virtual or downloadable goods is possible but requires a little more expertise to setup.
- Shopify on-page SEO controls are not in one cohesive place.
- Shopify limits space to store assets such as videos, images, etc.
Shopify App Store
There is an app store as part of the Shopify network of resources. The apps serve as plug-ins for your eCommerce store, additionally simplifying store setup and functionality.
Many of the apps are free, and some are sold for prices ranging from just a few dollars up to over $100. Creating apps for the Shopify platform is also another way for those with development skills to earn some extra cash.
There are apps for all sorts of things, which includes the following:
- Social media
- Reporting & so much more.
Recommended Read: Check here a definite guide on How to Build Shopify Stores in 7 Easy Steps
Shopify Partner Network
Shopify is not only a perfect place to host an eCommerce store, but there are also surprising other means to make money with Shopify, either you host a store with them or not.
For most of us, the simplest way to earn that extra cash is to refer new customers to Shopify for that 20% cut. Learn more about their affiliate program here
The customer support club is welcoming 24/7 and allows email, phone, and live chat support. In my sense – and the know-how of many others – the support service is fast, professional and always very Obliging and friendly. If you like, you can also hunt for solutions to queries yourself by typing a problem into the knowledge base.
How Much Does It Cost?
You can commence with a 14-day free trial to experiment it out and get a look. After that, you will have to sign up for a plan if you want to proceed.
- Basic Shopify: $29 per month
- Professional Shopify Plan: $79 per month
- Advanced Shopify Plan: $299 per month
Click here to know more about their pricing and features.
Shopify is a fabulous platform that preserves time, annoyance and money. If you are glancing to set up and begin an eCommerce store, then I would suggest monitoring out their FREE 14-day trial. Shopify can also be pretty fruitful as an affiliate, as well, with topmost earners making more than $6000/month in commissions. Sounds like a win-win to me.