It’s one question to understand how to earn money with a blog or site; it’s another actually to see how other’s are performing it.
Ever since people got to know that bloggers are making millions with blogging, the whole blogging world ( aka. blogosphere) has been swamped with new bloggers and content websites like mad – which is nice, because only those who put in the extensive time, hard work and effort will win victory.
Either you are a small business owner just understanding nuts and bolts of blogging magic or previously a blogging master, you want to keep up-to-date of the most influential blogging trends if you want to achieve in your blogging endeavors. I am sure that this infographic will be of great help to you.
In this infographic, we get to divide down the many segments of why and how top bloggers make money with their sites. Topics covered are; blogging industry stats, the five different types of bloggers, average earnings, different monetization practices, leading earning blogs and actionable tips to help boost traffic and profits for your websites or blogs.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
Quick Takeaways and Stats from the Blogging Industry
Everyone admires an excellent blog, but at the end of the day it comes down to the quality of content on the site and the value it provides. A WordPress blog might start out as a simple default WP theme, but with the right care and attention, it can become so much more.
Just take a glimpse at a few of these WordPress-driven brand sites that are serving brands worth hundreds of millions of dollars. This is an ideal example of the probability that lies within blogging. The platform and solution are there; you just require to put in the time and energy to make it go for you.
Check out a few of the statistics below to get a good idea what of the blogging world is doing to business around the globe:
The State of Blogging World in 2017
Let’s take a look at what the blogosphere look’s like in 2017:
- Blogs have been rated as the fifth most reliable source of online information.
- B2B businesses are more likely to use blogging than B2C companies.
- 76% of Marketers Plan to Produce More Content
- The average Google first page result contains 1,890 words.
- 6.7 million people blog on blogging sites
- 12 Million People blog via Social Networks(Facebook Posts etc.)
- Blogger was ranked 16 on the list of top 50 domains regarding a number of unique visitors.
- 46 Million Blogger, the nation’s leading blogging platform has over 46 million unique visitors per month.
- The most active demographic group for blogging is 21-to-35-year-olds with 53.3% of the total blogging population.
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3X more than any other type of content.
- 29% of leading marketers systematically reuse and repurpose content.
Why is blogging good to go in 2017?
According to the social media examiner, 45% of online marketers say blogging is their #1 most important content strategy. This is because they understand the value of information and sharing content with their readers.
- 97% The average company that blogs gets 97% more inbound links.
- 126% increases Small Business with blogs have 126% increase in Lead Generation
- 434% Websites with a blog have 434% more indexed Pages
- Companies that published 16+ blog posts per month got almost 3.5X more traffic than companies that published 0-4 monthly posts.
- 23% of total Internet usage time is devoted to social networks or blogs.
- 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.
- 33% of B2B companies use blogs.
- Businesses that blog ≥ 20 times/month get 5x more traffic than those who blog ≤ 4 times/month.
- 28% of marketers have reduced their advertising budget to fund more digital marketing.
- Hubspot reports that business owners who utilize blog within their marketing strategy get 67% more leads and views than who don’t.
- Marketers who have prioritized blogging (related to content) are 13 times more likely to enjoy positive ROI.
- By 2020, humans are predicted to manage 85% of their relationships without actually talking to Human.
Types Of Bloggers
- The Hobbyist: Blogs for Fun and doesn’t earn income. Blog personal musings. They Normally devote 3-4 hours a week.
- The Part Time bLogger: Part Time Blogging is the sophisticated version of hobbyist blogging.Uses Blogging to supplement Income. They devote 2 hours per day.
- The Full-time Blogger: Full-time bloggers have blogging as their main source of income. They have a good audience base and avid readers who trust their blogs. Time devoted to blogging is full-time.
- Professional Bloggers: They are full-time bloggers who work for corporates. They devoted time depends on the organization they are employed with.
How Blogging evolved?
- 1994-1997: The early stages
- 1998-2001: More resources for bloggers
- 2002: A big year for blogging
- 2003: The momentum continues
- 2004 – 2005: Video and the press
- 2006-2007: The rise of microblogging and rules
- 2008-2011: Blogging Dark Ages
- 2012: Medium is founded
- Now: Today News Blog rival Mainstream Media; Social Media has made blogging more interactional
How much bloggers earn averagely?
- 14% of bloggers earn a salary via Blogging
- $24,086 Average Annual Earnings
- $33,577 Average Annual Earnings for corporate bloggers
- $1,000/yr Half of bloggers paid per post make less than $25 on average and less than $1,000 per year
What are most popular ways to make from the blog?
- Advertising Income
- Affiliate Income
- Promoting a Business
- Direct Ad Sales
Top Earning Blogs
- The Huffington Post; Owner: Arianna Huffington Daily Income: $29,896
- Mashable; Owner: Pete Cashmore Daily Income: $15,781
- Techcrunch; Owner: Michael Arrington Daily Income: $14,816
- Engadget; Owner: Peter Rojas Daily Income: $9,861
- Smashing Magazine; Owner: Vitaly Friedman Daily Income: $6,382
- Tuts+; Owner: Collis Taeed Daily Income: $5,068
- Lifehacker; Owner: Nick Denton Daily Income: $4,821
- Problogger; Owner: Darren Rowse Daily Income: $1,751
Some Tips and tricks to make you a better blogger
- Get a good domain name
- Get a Reliable Web Hosting Solution
- Pick a Theme
- No copy-catting
- Tell the truth
- Give yourself grace
- Make your content easy to share
- Never underestimate the importance of networking
- Guest post, guest post, guest post. (Enough said.)
- Write with conviction
- Invest in a good web design
- Build an email list