Softaculous is an auto installer for cPanel and DirectAdmin that lets you quickly install a variety of web applications. These applications also called scripts, make it easy for you to make the most of your web hosting account.
A broad category of applications is available to be quickly installed, covering web portals, e-commerce solutions, content management systems, blogs, polls, forums and more. Softaculous can get over the installations of another auto-installers. Softaculous also has an easy-to-use backup characteristic, provide for the backup of installations at any time.
A full list of packages that can be installed via Softaculous can be found here.
To install WHMCS from Softaculous, perform the following steps:
1. Find WHMCS in the list.
2. You will be taken to the Overview page where you can view more information about this particular software.
3. Click the Install tab. If you have multiple domains associated with this account, you can select where to install it.
4. The next two fields require a directory and database name, neither of which should exist on the server.
5. Under Settings, you can set the Company Name and Email.
Note: Before you can use WHMCS, you must have a valid license key.
6. Click this link to get a trial license. Type your First and Last Name in these boxes.
7. Now enter your Company Name, if you have one.
8. Continue to fill out the form as completely as possible.
9. Click Signup.
10. The trial key will have been mailed to the email address you provided while signing up. Go to your email and find the message containing the key before continuing.
11. Copy your trial key here.
12. Type the desired admin username and password that should be used. Also, enter the admin’s email.
13. Click Install. After a moment, the software will be installed.
14. Once finished, you can view your new site by clicking this link.
15. Here is your new installation of WHMCS. If you used a trial key, you will be able to test out the software for 15 days before you must purchase a license.