Are you getting a lot of emails in your Gmail Labels?
I am sure, every time you see your mailbox, you may be feeling little distracted with plenty of email messages.
But, not to worry, you can organize Gmail Inbox with labels.
To work flexibly and manage your messages entirely, setting up labels is one the best ways to arrange your Gmail Inbox.
What are Gmail Labels?
Labels within the Gmail Inbox allows individuals and professionals to organize email messages into multiple categories.
By applying labels to messages, you can identify important messages quickly.
Labels are somewhat similar to a Gmail folders, but in this, you can apply more than one label to a single message.
You can move your emails into labels by drag and drop option or select the emails, click on “Move to” and choose the label name.Learn how to manage Gmail Inbox with labels Click To Tweet
How to Organize Gmail Labels?
#1 How to Create Labels in Gmail
There are two ways to create labels in Gmail:
- Check more link under labels on left sidebar of your inbox
- Click on “more” under the list of labels in your Gmail.
- Select “Create new label”, a pop-up box will appear
- Enter the name of the label
- Click Create
Create a label by going directly to the settings, click on the labels and select “Create new label.”
#2 How to Apply Labels
For applying a label, select the message in the list or open it.
After selecting a message, a label icon will pop up.
Click on it and choose the name of the label that you want to apply to your email messages.
After applying the label, it will show on your selected email messages in the inbox,
Now you can easily identify the messages with the name of the label.
#3 Move a message to Label
Through this option, you can move your message into existing label or move into a new label.
- Open an email in your inbox, “Move to” icon will pop up
- Click on the Move to icon; labels list will appear
- For moving the message into the existing label, choose the label name from the list.
- Or you can click on the “create new” option.
#4 How to apply colorful gmail labels
- Click on the down arrow next to the label name; a small window will appear
- Click on label color
- Now, you can choose the color that you want to apply on the label.
Note: If you want to apply the different color on the background and text of the label, click on “Add custom color” and Click Apply.It's fun to Organize your Gmail with colorful labels Click To Tweet
#5 Create sub-labels
To create a sub-label under the main Label
- Click “more” to the list of labels in your Gmail.
- Select “Create new label”, a small box will appear
- Enter the name of the label and nested label
- Click “Create.”
#6 How to edit labels
You can modify a tag / label through both the label list or the label tabs of your Gmail settings.
To edit a label from your Gmail list:
- In Gmail, on the left side of the page, hover your cursor on label’s name.
- Click the Down arrow
- Choose edit and make change in label
- Click Save
To edit a label through label tab of your Gmail settings:
- Open the settings
- Select labels
- Click on the label name; a cursor will appear that allow you to edit the current label
#7 How to remove labels from Inbox
- Open Gmail and hover over Label’s name
- Click Down Arrow
- Choose Remove label; a small window will appear
- Click “Delete.”
#8 Create filter with labels
Gmail contains filtering option that allows individuals to apply rules automatically to specific addresses, subject, and a particular keyword.
- Open Gmail
- Click search box at the top, Click down arrow
- Enter your search criteria
- Click on“Create filter with this search.”
- Click to the left of the “Apply the label” and choose label name
- Now you can Create filter
Note: You can further create Gmail Label Rules to create filter.
I have tried to cover maximum in it, still if you want to explore more i recommend you to read this article from wiki how: How to manage Labels in Gmail.
All I can say is “Labels” effectively organize Gmail Inbox and lets you work without any distraction.
Labels are just like folders, but not exactly folders.You can create it on the incoming email messages of different types.
You can create it on the incoming email messages of different types.
You can create colorful labels for personal and official Emails, social media updates, and on regular promotional messages.
It is a very powerful feature in Gmail that helps you to sort and manage your Gmail inbox efficiently. Even, it helps
Even, it will help your individuals to find messages quickly with an accurate label.
Explore this fantastic feature in your Gmail and start applying these simple tricks and hacks for managing your messy Inbox.
Still Confused with some questions in mind, do share them in the comment section below. I will try my best to answer them all for you.